Cafe Towns

Cath and Joe's family news

Coffee Towns

Life is like making coffee. Good coffee is the desired end point of a very long process from picking cherries all the way to pouring the cup.




And a critical factor in the process is pressure - in, for example, stripping the cherries, heating and grinding the beans, and extracting the coffee. It's the pressure that brings out the best in coffee.



This is a nice illustration, I think. Elijah may one day say, 'My Daddy always told me, "Life's like making coffee: Pressure's a critical part of the process."'

But all this waffle is really just an excuse to use these excellent photos.

(Photos by Amy Imms - including 3 new pics in sidebar)

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 06, 2009 9:54:00 PM, Blogger Ami said...

All this talk of good coffee coming from the guy who buys the cheapest beans at Woolies :)

 
At Wednesday, January 07, 2009 11:28:00 AM, Blogger Joe Towns said...

I'll let Mikey Lynch come to my defense on that one...

 
At Wednesday, January 07, 2009 1:21:00 PM, Blogger Mikey Lynch said...

Thanks Joe!

Here's some thoughts:
1. Joe makes the best of a bad situation
2. We all have to cut corners somewhere to live a relatively simple life. Cheaper coffee is legitimate.
3. Who needs luxury at home? That takes all the fun out of going to a cafe.
4. Without spending ridiculous amounts of money, you'll never make the most of coffee using home equipment anyway
5. Ordinary coffee gives you the excuse of adding a little sugar - yum yum! My fondest memories of the Towns' home is drinking sweet short blacks.
6. Given the weaknesses of home coffee equipment, it is often imported coffee and robusta blends that guarantee consistency.

 
At Wednesday, January 07, 2009 5:22:00 PM, Blogger Ami said...

LOL. I was only joking! I drink instant when I'm doing shift work. And for the record, I love having coffee at Joe's place :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog contents copyright © 2009 Joe & Cath Towns